Having a lot of professional goals and dealing with many work responsibilities can easily exhaust your time. This is a common scenario among high achievers in New York that they don’t get enough opportunities to go out with friends or spend quality time with their partner or loved one.
If you can relate to this situation and feel like 24 hours aren’t always enough to fit all your tasks, work functions, side hustles, and other errands, here are smart time management tips that can help high achievers find time for social activities with family, partner, and friends.
- Rearrange your priorities. Make a list of your priorities and put socializing with your partner and friends near the top. This will encourage you to spend more time with them and make it a priority.
- Schedule ahead of time. Set aside specific times for socializing with your friends. Schedule time each week for dates or social events. To ensure that your work isn’t affected, make plans to hang out with your friends during the weekends. Plan for vacation times, too, and schedule these early on so you will have enough time to prepare and delegate your work to other colleagues.
- Be flexible. Be open to changing your schedule if your partner or friends ask you to spend time with you. Especially if they are in trouble or need your immediate presence, try to make yourself available. They will appreciate your time and effort, making the relationship stronger and more long-lasting.
- Make use of technology. In today’s digital age, connecting with friends doesn’t always require face-to-face contact. With social media, text messaging, and other forms of technology, you can stay in touch with your loved ones easily and make your presence felt especially during special occasions. Technology can also aid in time management skills with apps that track time, productivity, and scheduling.
- Invite your partner and friends to join you in your activities. If your schedule is jam packed and finding time for socializing seems challenging, consider combining tasks. For example when you hit the gym or attend a workout class invite a friend to accompany you. Similarly if you have shopping to do bring along your partner. This way you can enjoy company while efficiently handling your errands.
- Be intentional. Quality trumps quantity. When you spend time with those you cherish, set aside your phone, refrain from checking work emails and actively engage in conversations, to forge connections.
Learn time management strategies today!
As a high achiever, it can be challenging to set aside time for romantic or social activities. By following the time management tips discussed above, you can gradually take some time off work and personal goals accomplishment and build meaningful relationships with your partner and friends.